Friday, September 25, 2009

Nature's Best quilt contest

Natures Best Quilt Contest


I just entered a quilting contest. I submitted my dancing stars quilt - one of my favorites. I love the colors and was so pleased with how it turned it. I'd seen the pattern somewhere but modified it a bit.
I spent more time quilting this top than I've every spent on a quilt. It's very heavily quilting between all the stars, making the big ones pop out.
I love the result but I hated how long it took. It was worth it though. I also love the pieced binding. I put all my scraps together to create it. I think it turned out very well. If you agree, feel free click on the widget above and vote for me. I'm in the small quilts category.

And while you're at it, vote for my pal Christy in the large quilts category. She submitted her fabulous Seven Sisters quilt. She hand pieced and quilted the entire thing. Very impressive!

0 comments: