Monday, October 6, 2014

Runt Rowe

I know I've said it before but it bears repeating... I love making quilts for people who appreciate the blood (sometimes), sweat (figuratively), and tears (hopefully not) that go in to each individual work of art. I had made a baby quilt for the Rowe family a few years back. They were so appreciative that when I found out they were expecting baby #2, I immediately asked if I could make a second quilt for them.

I always want some sort of guidance in terms of color scheme and/or pattern/style when I'm giving away a quilt. They asked for something in their color scheme - pink and green with gray. Since they loved Ryleigh's quilt, I wanted to choose a pattern that was similar in style.

I created several gray blocks with green and pink "sticks" in them. I wasn't sure about the layout so I tried two different options:



I ended up going with option 2 and I'm happy with the end result. I especially love that I used scraps for this entire project. I didn't have to buy anything for it. I even pieced batting leftover from another project.

Baby 2 will be arriving sometime in the next few weeks and I can't wait to hear how much Ryleigh enjoys being a big sister.


0 comments: