Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Stars Align

When I first jumped on the Pinterest bandwagon, I saw a quilt block that I loved, loved, loved from Ellison Lane Quilts. I finally got around to making my own quilt with this starflower block. (Which is more than I can say for most of the other quilts I've pinned!)


(I just looked at the above photo and realized how awesome my piecing looks. Go me! I feel like a grown up quilter.)

I made several blocks and laid out the quilt. Of course, it's never quite as big as you want.


Luckily, I had plenty of the white on white fabric that I was able to use for sashing and a border. I love the floating stars affect of this quilt.


I'm donating this quilt to a cancer survivor walk in honor of a friend from work. So it's only fitting that I took a photo of this beautiful quilt on campus. 



One last photo.... I completed this project over spring break. My mom was visiting me and although I only had one finish for the week; she had THREE. Go mom! Here's our collage of finished projects:


I did spend a good amount of time over spring break working on a massive quilting project. The quilting is now completed - yay! - but I'm finishing the binding. I can't wait to show you that quilt.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This quilt is great. Your piecing does look amazing! I like the star quilting you did, too. --- C