Thursday, January 19, 2012

Reed's Quilt

My first finish of 2012! Some dear friends of mine are expecting their first bundle of joy. I can't wait to meet Reed Joshua who will arrive sometime next month. When I asked the happy couple what they'd like in terms of a baby quilt, I was told to make it colorful and bright. Happy to oblige....


I started this quilt in November and decided to go with wonky stars. I made a few different sizes and I love how different each of the blocks are. As a result, I quilted each block differently too.


I machine sewed on the binding with fabric I purchased in Las Vegas over three years ago. I also used it on the back (though darn, I didn't take a picture of the pieced back).

Here is a photo of the parent's to be opening their present at their baby shower. It received an appropriate amount of oh's and ah's so I was satisfied.

0 comments: