Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Solids Challenge

Last February, the Cover in Threads Quilt Guild decided the 2012 guild challenge would focus on solids fabrics. The challenge rules said that we had to construct a quilt entirely out of solids; no prints allowed. There were no size, pattern, or shape restrictions.
 
I LOVED this challenge. It's been my favorite to date. When it was decided I had a pattern in mind, something I'd seen on Pinterest. I considered a few other options but my original pick stayed as my top choice. Below is the result:



I love how the back turned out too. I think it can hold it's own as a top and that's how it's currently on my bed.

I have seen a few other quilts from the challenge and they're all fabulous. I can't wait until we get together again so that we can do a guild wide show and tell.

0 comments: