Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Unsolved Mystery Part 2

A few years ago, I completed a Mystery Quilt while attending Camp Tecumseh. After making all the blocks, I didn't really like the last border that was supposed to go around the quilt top. It made the top too big for a baby quilt but not big enough for a decent sized throw. So I decided to complete the quilt without the border. I blogged about it here.

Since I already had the border blocks made, I decided to put them together to make a smaller wall hanging/baby quilt. The top was easy to complete but I didn't have a reason to finish the quilt -- until I bought my new sewing machine in January. I was eager to quilt something and I wanted to start with a small project to practice on. The machine sewed beautifully and now I have another finished project to check off my to-do list.