Thursday, September 27, 2012

Shadowboxes

It's time to post another finish! I love, love this quilt. I actually started the top several years ago. I saw the pattern in a book I'd checked out from the library and thought it was stunning. I made the blocks pretty quickly and put the top together, intending to make it a baby quilt.
 

The top sat and sat and sat around until about a year ago when I decided to add borders and quilt it. For the past year, it's been hanging on a project quilt rack, waiting for the binding. I don't know why it's taken so long to complete. Maybe it's because I love it so much and I wanted to have a great reason to finish it?

That reason presented itself last week when our friend delivered a baby prematurely. Teensy little 2 lb, 4 oz Hudson was born at 27 weeks gestation. This little guy is stubborn and strong - just like his parents - and he's doing well.

It's hard to part with my Shadowbox quilt but I'll do it because Hudson needs all things good in his life so he can grow up healthy and strong. You can follow Hudson's journey at Ben and Kim's blog.

0 comments: