Monday, June 18, 2012

Kappa Sorta

I have another finish to share with you though this quilt was completed in 2011. It was a gift for a family member and I forgot to take a photo before wrapping it up.


I came across it while visiting with family during a recent trip to Chicago. I was so happy to finally take some photos.

I started this quilt in 2009. I purchased much of the fabric during my 10-year wedding anniversary trip to Las Vegas and drew up a pattern over Labor Day weekend that year. I love all the colors! I had several people in mind as recipients but never got around to finishing the quilt. It was even packed away for over a year. I thought I lost it but finally found half finished blocks at the bottom of a box.

I finally finished it in December, just in time for Christmas.

I'm happy that I have another quilt to post as finished in 2011 - the eighth one. Now I just need to get working on my 2012 quilts. I've finished four and I have several I've started:
  • My version of City Blocks
  • A solid quilt for the Covered In Threads Quilt Guild Challenge
  • A wall-hanging for a friend (in traditional, brown blocks - yuck)
  • A baby quilt - which I love but needs to be finished in two weeks.
Three of these are tops just waiting to be quilted. Too bad I quilt my own quilts or they'd be finished by now. Ha!

0 comments: