Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Whip It

Another completed project - yay! I'm on a roll!




This quilt went together pretty fast. I started it July 7 and it was finished by July 15.  This is a baby quilt for my cousin who is expecting a boy in August. She requested blues and greys. What a fun color combo!


I used all scraps for the blue and luckily, I had a few yards of solid gray on hand for the background fabric. Over the fourth of July week, I went to Shipshewana to check out the outdoor flea market with the family. I found a booth with good quality fabric that was for sale for $5/yard. I snatched up a few yards of this gray that I used for the back. (I also bought some matching red. Good red is so hard to find!)


I mentioned how quickly I completed this project. The top only took a few hours - just two days at my machine! After another few days break, I layered and pinned it in one night and then spent a Saturday quilting it. I used an overall meander.

Here's a photo of it before I added the binding.

 Now it's ready to be shipped to Battle Creek, just in time for baby Owen's arrival!

You may have noticed all the quilting activity on here lately. Over the weekend, my mom came to visit. She requested a quilting weekend and I was happy to oblige. Combined, we finished two quilts, got another one ready for binding, and made three quilt tops. It was a productive weekend!

1 comments:

Christy said...

I really love this one. Simple, but striking.