Monday, June 29, 2015

Rainbow Block of the Month

It seems like I have many quilting books but rarely do I ever make something from one of their patterns. I tend to lean toward more modern looking quilts as well as improvisational quilts and the quilts in the books that I have are really boring.

(Don't get me wrong... there are a lot of really cool books out there. I just don't own many.)

(Perhaps its time to update my library.)


But there is a quilt in one of my books that I've really wanted to try. It is meant to be a block of the month quilt which doesn't appeal to me. I've never really done a sampler quilt before. But I fell in love with the rainbow effect of this quilt.

I didn't love the "weird" dimensions. Who wants to cut something at 3/8th or 7/8th of an inch? That said, I realize I need to work on my precision - both in terms of cutting and piecing. So I decided to take this project. 

It wasn't easy. I had to remove seams and resew often. But I was determined to take my time and do things the right way.



AND I'M SO GLAD I DID! I love, love, love it! 


This is definitely a quilt I'm keeping for myself. Unfortunately, we no longer have a twin bed in our guest room so I thought I'd put this quilt away until it could be used. But my husband loves it so much, he insists it hang over the back of the recliner in our family room. 

What a great decision... I love seeing it on a daily basis.

0 comments: