Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Purpled Bliss

My cousin Marci is getting married in June. Family weddings give my mom and I an excuse to get together and make a quilt so we decided early this year that we better get planning. Marci met with my mom to see a sample of some previous quilts. She decided she likes squares and she wanted lots of white with a little bit of purple.



We worked together to make and piece the blocks and borders. I quilted it and my mom did the binding. In the borders, I quilted Marci and Nick and June 4, 2011.


Here's a close up of the quilting. Most of the quilt is an overall stipple.


We gave the quilt to Marci during her wedding shower this weekend. She LOVES it and it received a good amount of oh's and ah's. Yay! It will go in her living room which is painted purple. She painted the other rooms in her house lime green and mustard yellow. A girl after my own heart!

0 comments: