Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Uptown Stripes

I saw this quilt pattern in a McCall's quilting magazine that I was skimming through one day. I don't generally buy quilting magazines and I didn't buy this one but I instantly regretted it. It had three patterns I was liked and I thought I would remember them and make them up on my own. Yeah, I'm too cheap. Uptown Strips was the only pattern I remembered. So I began collecting striped fabric and voila!


This is another quilt that I'll be donating. I don't love it because of the difference in values with some of the fabrics I chose. Some quilters would have left those high value blocks out but I thought they would tone down a bit once it was quilted. That didn't happen. I think I'll continue to collect striped fabric to make a bigger quilt like this in the future. But for now, it's also being donated to the silent auction at work. I'm curious to see what the bidding will look like between the two donated quilts.

I do love the back!

0 comments: