Monday, March 24, 2014

North by Midwest

I've talked about the quilt block exchange I did with my guild in 2009. We made blocks out of black and white material and though my blocks sat untouched for several years, I finally put them together for a quilt for my cousin's graduation.

Those blocks are still in circulation! My mom also did the exchange. She used eight of her 20 blocks for a quilt several years ago. When we found out my cousin (a different one; I have A LOT of cousins!) was getting married and wanted a quilt in black and white, she pulled out her remaining 12 blocks for us to put together. We added some color for pop. I call this North by Midwest.



I think we've finally used all of our black and white blocks.

And since I have neglected my personal blog for so long, I thought I'd throw in this photo from the wedding. It was a fun night.


2 comments:

Christy said...

I really like the black and white with the bright colors! I still need to do something with my black and white blocks. I am so far behind!

We started up a new quilting blog. You should check it out when you get a chance!
http://sweetandsaltydesigns.wordpress.com/

Hope you're doing well! Miss ya!

-- Christy

Natalie said...

Can't wait to check it out.