Monday, March 19, 2012

Hippo-tastic

I love it when I plan to make someone a baby quilt and before I even tell them, they put in a request. This was the case with my friend, Jess, who is due in April. She sent me this photo for the inspiration.



It turns out that I was able to find fabric to match the bedding. Good hippo fabric is hard to find! I was feeling a bit modern/contemporary for this quilt (which is reflective of Jess). I've never made something like this and it was a bit out of my comfort zone.

I finished the quilt in early January but saved it for Jess's baby shower which took place over the weekend. I couldn't attend but the Polack did and texted me to let me know that Jess was tearing up before she even opened the present. She immediately contacted me to say that she loves it and she's planning to have professional photos taken once Gronk (a temporary name for baby-to-be) is born. I can't wait!



Here's a close up of the quilting - straight free motion lines.

1 comments:

Candy said...

This is adorable! Lucky baby!!