Thursday, February 16, 2012

Lazy Days of Gray Quilt

This quilt has been an ongoing project full of love.



Around 18 months ago, I bought some charm packs about the same time I fell in love with gray quilts. I didn't want to cut the charms up so I chose to surround them with different shades of gray. I finished the top last year and added a border that I ended up hating. I took off the border and kept with my gray theme. The top sat in a tub in my quilting room for several months and I finally quilted it during this year's January quilt camp. I recently finished the binding and put it through the washer and dryer so it would have that crinkly look I love.



The highlight of making this quilt was when I was working on the top during the February 2011 quilt camp with Blue Underground Studios. During the weekend, Amy Walsh asked me what pattern I used. I told her I made it up and then she asked if I was interested in submitting it to Blue Underground. What an honor! If I was actually any good at writing patterns, I definitely would have followed up with her. Just having her ask is one of the most exciting things of my quilting career.



I'm keeping this quilt. It's going in my downstairs guess room which currently has white walls but guess what color I'm going to paint it? Yep - gray!

1 comments:

Christy said...

Ooh, I'm so jealous of your out-of-the-dryer moment with that quilt. I love how this one turned out.